Do you believe in supernatural protection? Do you pray for it? For yourself, your children, your family and friends?
I was first introduced to the power of prayer in asking for God's supernatural protection when I read The Power a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian. She stresses the importance of praying for God's protection over your children on a regular basis. God wants to protect our precious babies, and He knows we inherently want them protected, but He wants to hear it from us and to then show us how faithful and amazing He is by protecting them.
I witnessed in a very obvious way His protection over my son Shea a little over a year ago. I was getting ready one morning with my curling iron on the side of the sink. My little guy wandered in and picked it up by the barrel. I gasped, and he dropped it. He then walked off as if nothing had happened. I thought, wow, it must not have been hot. I touched it; it was very hot! I examined Shea's hand, and he had no burns. He hadn't even reacted to the heat of the iron. Praise the Lord for His supernatural protection! Thank you, Jesus, for protecting my son when I was careless about leaving my curling in his reach.
I vowed to share this story often after it happened and have had a renewed vigor in praying for God's supernatural protection.
I was on vacation in Iowa with my extended family when I experienced a situation that had me asking for God's protection for myself, my dad, and my two sisters. We had been fishing on my dad's boat when a thunderstorm came up quickly. We headed for shore, but there were half a dozen boats waiting to use the public dock. We were stuck in the water with visible lightning overhead. My sister Erin and I offered suggestions to Dad to use one of the private docks just to get us out of the water, but he was patient waiting for our turn. At that point, I just prayed that God would protect us and that he would give me the patience and trust to rely on Him and my earthly father to get us out of the situation. After that we were pelted with large drops of rain, and by the time we made it to the truck (a good 15-20 minutes later), we were soaked. But we were safe.
It was such a surreal experience. I was reminded of God's supernatural protection and especially His plans for my life. We could have been struck by lightning that day, and it would have been okay because His ways are perfect. How awesome that we can rest in that knowledge.
So, back to the prayers of protection for our children. Do it! :-p I heard something on the radio from a woman who had lost her mother, and she was thanking her mother for all of her prayers over her life. She mentioned how those prayers carry on after her mother's passing. I had to pause; I'd never considered that before, but it's true. We can provide for our children's protection even after we're gone by the prayers we pray now.
No comments:
Post a Comment