Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday, March 20

My sweet little niece Ella (Erin and Andy’s daughter) is getting tubes in her ears this morning. I am praying that all goes well and that the tubes will ease her continuous ear infections.

I’ve got a bad case of the Fridays. We’re off tomorrow for Good Friday, and we’ll be driving down to Rock Rapids to see my family. I’m super excited because I haven’t seen them since Christmas, and it feels like FOREVER!

Melissa and Jaylen will be home too, and we’ll be going to see my mom’s side of the family (Grandma and Grandpa Muecke and the gang) on Saturday. I’m going to pick up some more supplies tonight for the Easter bunny, and I’m going to get some stuff for Melissa and I to do First Communion invites for Jaylen and Megan.

Megan’s first communion is Saturday, April 19 in Mahtomedi. Jaylen’s is Sunday, April 27 in Omaha. I can’t believe they are already in second grade!!! It’s just not possible.

I’m excited for Megan because she is going to a water park today with a little friend from school and her family. Shea is terribly jealous, but I’m excited that Megan has a friend who wants to hang out with her while they’re on Spring Break.

Happy First Day of Spring, BTW! We’re supposed to get 2–4 inches of snow tonight, but at least it’s 40°F and it should melt quickly. I’m hoping the roads will be good for our road trip tomorrow.

I just printed out the spring and summer community ed program calendar. Shea should be old enough for T-ball this year, and Megan is excited to play softball. So we’ve got to get signed up. I am soooo excited to get outside and do things. I can’t wait to start gardening and walking and going to the park.

I wonder what Sam will think of grass. I remember Megan hating it and Shea just plowed through it. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. ;-)

No comments: